Local man arrested after assaulting, injuring wife
A Kingston man has been arrested and charged after an argument with his wife turned violent and resulted in injuries.
The accused man and the victim, his wife, were in their west end residence on the evening of Monday, Jan. 21, 2019 when they began arguing over relationship issues. As the argument escalated, the accused man became violent, and he punched the victim in the face, causing injury. The victim then left the residence, and a family member contacted Kingston Police.
At approximately 10 p.m. the same day, police responded to the residence and arrested the accused man.
The 41-year-old man was charged with assault.
The following is a message from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres