Kingston Police have arrested and charged a 16-year-old male youth after learning he’d been assaulting his girlfriend since February of this year.
The accused’s girlfriend, also a youth, had moved into the male youth’s family home in February 2018.
The young couple began arguing on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at approximately 1 p.m. According to a press release from Kingston Police, the argument was “over the accused not attending school.” The male youth reportedly became angry and punched the victim in the stomach, elbowed her in the face, and kicked her repeatedly. After the attack ended, the victim left and went to a friend’s house.
The incident was reported the following day, and police discovered that the accused had pushed, slapped, kneed, kicked and pinned the victim down on various occasions.
The accused was located at his residence, where he was arrested and transported to Kingston Police Headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing.
The accused youth was charged with two counts of assault and uttering threats to cause death.
The following is a note from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services/online/path-of-strength-app/
- Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/