Drivers who frequently use the LaSalle Causeway should be prepared for minor delays as alternating lane closures are scheduled to take place this week.
According to Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC), the alternating lane closures will take place on the following days and times:
- Friday, August 13, from 8 p.m. to midnight
- Tuesday, August 17, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 18, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Thursday, August 19, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, August 20, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
During the closures, one lane will remain open in both directions, and two flagpersons will be on site to conduct traffic control. The lane closures are taking place to allow for repair work to the bridge.
The bridge will remain open to cyclists and pedestrians during these periods, and marine traffic will not be affected.
“Public Services and Procurement Canada encourages users to exercise caution when travelling on the bridge and thanks them for their patience,” PSPC said in a press release on Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021.