A local woman has been charged with two counts assault after attacking her wife and her roommate.
On Monday, May 13, 2019 the female accused became enraged with the female victim after she found text messages on her phone that were taken out of context, according to Kingston Police. The female accused and female victim had been in a relationship for the past nine years and had been married for two years.
Believing that the victim was having an affair, the accused grabbed her by the neck and held her against the wall of their north end residence. As the victim struggled to break free, the accused woman threatened to break her arm if she attempted to take her phone back.
Then, on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at approximately 6:30 a.m. the accused and victim engaged in another heated argument over relationship issues in the stairwell of their residence.
A female roommate who resided in the basement apartment attempted to interject from inside her residence, angering the accused.
The accused ran downstairs, kicked in the basement door, and proceeded to punch the roommate. The female roommate fell to the floor, and the accused continued to hit and kick the roommate until the first victim intervened.
Police responded and arrested the accused at approximately 7:17 a.m. The accused was subsequently transported to police headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The 51-year-old local woman was charged with two counts assault.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres