A domestic dispute which led to a woman assaulting her boyfriend of approximately five months has resulted in assault, harassment, and mischief charges.
On Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, the accused woman attended the residence of the male victim, her boyfriend, around 9 p.m. After allowing herself into the home, she immediately began yelling at the victim. According to Kingston Police, the accused was upset because the victim had not been answering her phone calls.
During the argument that ensued, the accused woman grabbed the victim’s cell phone and threw it against the wall, damaging it. She then proceeded to pick up her shoes and threw each of them at the victim, narrowly missing him. The accused then took alcohol out of the refrigerator and poured all of it down the sink. Grabbing the victim’s laptop computer, the accused the made threatening gestures to strike him over the head with it. Eventually, the victim was able to drive the accused to her residence and end the relationship.
Police were contacted on Sunday, Aug. 11, 2019 after the accused sent over 100 unanswered text messages to the victim and called his phone numerous times over a 24 hour period. After speaking with the accused at her midtown Kingston residence, police placed her under arrest at approximately 2 p.m. that day.
The 46-year-old local woman was charged with criminal harassment, two counts of assault with a weapon, and two counts of mischief under $5,000.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services-resources/victim-services/#path_of_strength
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
For women: http://kfacc.org/ For men: http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families