A domestic dispute during the early hours of Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019 resulted in a Kingston woman being charged with assault with a weapon and mischief under $5000.
The female accused and male victim, who had been involved in a relationship for approximately two years, engaged in an argument at a north end Kingston residence at approximately 1:10 a.m. According to Kingston Police, they were arguing about the accused receiving a late night phone call from another suspected romantic interest. The accused became enraged and threw a picture album at the victim. The accused then threw a jewelry box, breaking it, and proceed to throw a bottle at the victim and cut him with a piece of broken ceramic from the jewelry box.
The victim fled to the kitchen. The accused followed him, picking up a large kitchen knife, and began to cut and damage his paintings.
The victim suffered minor injuries as a result of the attack.
Police responded and located and arrested the accused standing outside of the residence. She was transported to police headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The 29-year-old local woman was charged with assault with a weapon, and mischief under $5,000.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families