A woman was arrested after she assaulted her male partner as he was trying to end their relationship, according to Kingston Police.
On Sunday, Nov. 18, the victim was on the phone with a family member at approximately 9 a.m. when the accused woman woke up and started yelling at him. As the victim walked into a bedroom in an attempt to avoid an argument, the woman followed. After the victim refused to argue with her, the accused woman punched the victim several times in the shoulder and arm. When the victim decided to end the relationship and leave the residence, the accused woman punched him twice in the head, causing him to fall on the porch of the residence.
The victim reported the incident to police, and the accused woman was located and arrested at her residence. The 19-year-old local woman is charged with assault.
Kingston Police have issued the following statement to the public:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
For women: http://kfacc.org/ For men: http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families