Kingston School of Art (KSOA) is holding the 6th Annual Juried Exhibition and Sale this October — a showcase of works by local artists, and KSOA’s main fundraising event of the year.
All local artists aged 18 years and over from the City of Kingston, Wolfe Island and the Frontenac Islands, and the counties of Frontenac, Lennox & Addington, Leeds & Grenville, and Hastings are invited to participate in this exciting event, which will take place at the Window Art Gallery at 647 Princess Street.
According to a release from KSOA, over $1,500 in prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Three Juror Awards
- A People’s Choice Award
- Nine Honourable Mentions
The exhibition will showcase up to 65 artworks by local artists, and this year’s Jurors who will be selecting the work to be part of the show and the award recipients include professional artists Brian Hoad, Erika Olson, and Otis Tamasauskas.
All proceeds from this event serve to support KSOA, a non-profit charitable organisation, in achieving its mission of providing cost-effective year-round art classes,
offering studio-based hands-on instruction, and providing practical artistic experiences, according to the release.
KSOA shared the following significant Juried Exhibition and Sale 2023 dates:
- Registration opened: Tuesday, Aug. 1
- Entry registration & fee payment deadline: Sunday, Sept. 10 at 4 p.m.
- Delivery of artwork for adjudication: Friday Sept. 29 from 1 to 7 p.m. and Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Notification of acceptance: Monday, Oct. 2
- Collection of unselected artworks: Tuesday, Oct. 3 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Wednesday, Oct. 4 from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Exhibition opens: Saturday, Oct. 7
- Opening reception: Saturday, Oct. 7 from 12 to 4 p.m.; Awards at 1 p.m.
- Collection of unsold artworks: Sunday, Oct. 29 from 12 to 4 p.m. and Monday, Oct. 30 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
More details on the Juried Exhibition are available on the Kingston School of Art website.