From Friday, Sept. 14 to Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, Kingston Police responded to 15 calls regarding domestic disturbances. As a result of those calls, two men have been arrested and charged for domestic assaults.
The first arrest occurred on Sunday, Sept. 16 when officers responded to a domestic disturbance at a mid-town address. Officers arrived at the address to find both involved parties on the front lawn surrounded by a large mess of clothing and camping gear in the driveway. The couple had been on a camping trip, officers learned, and had begun fighting while driving home. During the argument, the male seated in the passenger’s seat smashed the female victim’s head against the car window while she was driving. As police continued to investigate, they discovered a previous unreported incident, which occurred on Tuesday, Sept. 4. During that incident, the victim attempted to leave the accused’s residence after an argument. In response, the accused pushed the victim to the ground, kneed her in the groin, and shoved her in the back as she was leaving.
The 30-year-old accused man was arrested and charged with two counts of assault.
The second arrest occurred when police responded to a domestic disturbance at a residence north-east of the city. Officers arrived at the residence at approximately 10:45 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 14, and, upon arrival, a male could be heard yelling inside.
Officers located the female victim in a bedroom, and she had visible injuries, according to Kingston Police.
The 46-year-old man from Seeley’s Bay was arrested and charged with assault.
Kingston Police have issued the following statement:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services-resources/victim-services/#path_of_strength
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/