Kingston man facing multiple charges after shoplifting in Trenton
The Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged a Kingston resident following a complaint at a Quinte West business, according to a release from OPP, dated Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2021.
At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021, Quinte West OPP were dispatched to a report of a shoplifter at a business on 2nd Dug Hill Road in Trenton. According to the release, officers located the accused leaving the business, and he was subsequently arrested for theft. OPP say the stolen property was recovered and a quantity of suspected methamphetamine was seized.
Aaron Climan, 39 years old of Kingston, was charged with the following offences:
- Theft under $5000 – shoplifting;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000;
- Possession of a schedule I substance – methamphetamine;
- Fail to comply with probation; and
- Fail to comply with release order – two counts
The accused was held in custody and was scheduled to appear for bail at the Ontario court of Justice in Belleville on February 1, 2021.