Kingston man facing child luring- and sexual offence-related charges
A local man is facing a long list of charges related to sexual offences against minors after a search warrant was executed as his home in Kingston’s west end, according to police.
Kingston Police said the warrant was executed on the morning of Thursday, Jan. 17, 2023, as part of “an investigation conducted by the Ontario Provincial Police Child Sexual Exploitation Unit and the Kingston Police Internet Child Exploitation Unit into online luring activities.”
As a result of that search warrant execution, Tyler Horton, 40, of Kingston, was arrested. He was charged with “multiple luring offences originating from online messaging with two female children of 13 and 14 years of age,” Kingston Police said in a press release on Monday, Jan. 30, 2023.
Police also disclosed that Horton had been using the Snapchat username ‘Stevep22275’ and the Chatiw screenname “Morning Wood.”
Horton, police said, has been charged with:
- Three counts of making sexually explicit material available to a person believed to be under 16 years of age for specific criminal offences
- Three counts of telecommunications with a person believed to be under 16 years of age for specific criminal offences
- Attempting to make child pornography
- Invitation to sexual touching with a person under 16 years of age
- Adult indecent exposure to a person under 16 years of age
- Adult making sexually explicit material available to a person under 16 years of age
- Adult luring of a person under 16 years of age by means of telecommunications
- Adult agreeing to commit a sexual offence against a person under 16 years of age
Kingston Police are asking any other young person who may have experienced an inappropriate online interaction with ‘Stevep22275’ through the Snapchat application to contact Detective Constable Matt Murphy at 613-549-4660 ext. 6351, or via email at [email protected].
Tips can also be made anonymously by calling the Kingston Police general number (613-549-4660 ext. 0) and requesting to remain anonymous.