Kingston man climbs to third floor balcony, assaults his ex-girlfriend, flicks blood in her face after punching mirror
An angry ex-lover has been arrested after he forced his way into his ex’s apartment through her third-floor balcony door and assaulted her.
At approximately 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2018, the accused man scaled the outside of an apartment building in Kingston’s north end. He reached the balcony of his victim – his girlfriend – on the third floor of the building, and began banging and pulling on the patio door. Fearing the door would break, the victim allowed her ex to enter, at which point he immediately grabbed the victim, took her phone, and demanded her password. He then punched a mirror, breaking the glass, and proceeded to flick blood from his injured hand at the victim’s face before leaving.
Afterward, and while police were present on the scene, the man returned “in an aggressive and confrontational manner,” according to a press release from Kingston Police. He was arrested on the spot.
The 22-year-old Kingston man is charged with two counts of assault, two counts of mischief, and forcible entry.
Kingston Police have released the following statement:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services-resources/victim-services/#path_of_strength
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/