A local man has been arrested and charged after Kingston Police learned of his multiple sexual assaults and offences on two female youth victims.
On Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, police learned of the historic offences which occurred from 2016 to 2017. The accused man had been living with the mother of both victims at the time when he committed multiple assaults on each of them.
Investigating officers found that, when left alone with the victims, the accused man assaulted both girls on numerous occasions, and that the assaults continues until the victims’ mother ended her relationship with the accused in December of 2017.
The accused man met with police at Kingston Police Headquarters on Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019 at 4:50 p.m. He was arrested without incident.
The 24-year-old Kingston man was charged with:
- Six counts of sexual interference with a person under the age of 16
- Seven counts of sexual assault
- Two counts of invitation to sexual touch with a person under the age of 16
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres