After being contacted by Kingston Police regarding a suspect vehicle, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were able to arrest and charge the male driver who was impaired and refusing to comply with police.
Officers with the Lennox and Addington County Detachment of the OPP responded to the complaint from Kingston Police just before 9 a.m. on Saturday, Jun. 1, 2019. The officers located the suspect vehicle in Napanee and followed it until the driver was taken into custody north of Napanee.
Following the subsequent investigation, Daniel Grant Bateman, 33, of Kingston was charged with the following:
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Failure or refusal to comply with a demand
- Flight from a peace officer
- Operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance: Methamphetamine
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 (in Canada)
Bateman has been held in custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice at a later date.