Kingston man arrested after violent attack on girlfriend
A local man has been arrested and charged after an argument with his girlfriend became physical and he continually assaulted his partner.
The incident occurred on the morning of Sunday, Apr. 26, 2020 when the accused man and the female victim engaged in a verbal altercation at their west-end residence. According to police, the pair had been involved in an on-again, off again relationship for approximately a decade. The argument began over two issues: problems with the couple’s internet connection, and the man refusing to assist with household cleaning.
As the argument escalated, the accused man became physical, at which time he kicked the victim in the chest. The man then pushed the victim into a wall damaging the drywall, before throwing her to the ground and biting her arm. Before others in the residence were able to separate the altercation, the man punched the victim in the face.
Police responded and, at approximately 12:38 p.m., arrested the accused at his residence. He was taken to Kingston Police Headquarters where he was later released on conditions with a future court date.
The 23-year-old Kingston man was charged with assault.
The following is a message from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres