A local man has been arrested and charged after Kingston Police learned of a domestic assault that occurred earlier this year.
Police learned of the assault on Thursday, Mar. 21, 2019. The assault had occurred between the accused man and a female victim in their east end residence. The two had been in a relationship for approximately four years prior to the incident.
According to Kingston Police, the accused man and the victim got in an argument about the state of their relationship sometime in early January 2019. The argument took place on the second floor of the residence, and, as the fight escalated, the accused man grabbed the victim by the hair and proceeded to drag her down the staircase by her hair.
Kingston Police attended the couple’s residence and located the accused man, who was subsequently arrested.
The 26-year-old Kingston man was charged with assault.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres