Kingston Gymnastics athletes earn high scores, medals in Ottawa
From Friday, Feb. 28 to Sunday, Mar. 1, 2020, 36 gymnasts from Kingston Gymnastics Club competed in Ottawa and brought home some huge results.
Many of the young athletes scored high 9s at the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics’ (WAG) Jubilee Celebration: Ottawa’s 60th at the Ottawa Gymnastics Centre. In total, 35 medals were earned by the Kingston gymnasts, with a number of specialty awards for individuals given to those chosen by the judges. In overall team scores, the Level 2 team placed third, and the Level 4 team placed second.
Top scores included:
- Charlotte Wilson on Bars: 9.775
- Alexandra Creighton on Vault: 9.55
- Brianna Morrell on Vault: 9.65
- Angelina Yeh on Vault: 9.7
- Olivia Finucan on Bars: 9.65
- Sofie Staszak on Bars: 9.65
- Emilie Wartman on Vault: 9.55
- Livi Robertson on Bars: 9.55
- Maria Zepeda Mandri on Vault: 9.8
- Mara Burtch-Clapp on Vault: 9.625
- Natasha Ishmael on Vault: 9.525
- Elizabeth Creighton on Bars: 9.5
- Emma Reed on Vault: 9.525
- Ella Burns on Bars: 9.725
- Piper Coombes on Bars: 9.6
- Lucie Poirier on Bars: 9.775
- Kaitlyn Egerton on Bars: 9.5
The athletes compete next over the weekend of March 26 to March 29 in Orangeville.
Below are some of the photos taken at the WAG Jubilee Celebration: Ottawa’s 60th.