Kingston Fire & Rescue respond to clothes dryer fire on Shillington Place

Photo by Phil Stafford

Kingston Fire & Rescue crews responded to a reported structure fire on Shillington Place on Sunday night. The homeowner, who was home at the time, said that his dryer was on fire in the basement area and he had tried to extinguish the fire using his home extinguisher but was unsuccessful.

“A water line was advanced to the basement area and the fire was quickly put out. Positive pressure ventilation was used to evacuate the home of smoke,” said KFR Platoon Chief David Latour.

No injuries were suffered by the homeowner or firefighters on scene.

KFR reminds the public to check your smoke alarms once a month and replace the batteries once a year.

Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content from this page, please share the link instead!