Officers of the Lennox and Addington (L&A) County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have charged an impaired driver with multiple offences after a disturbance in the town of Deseronto.
According to a release from the OPP, shortly after 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024, officers were dispatched to a report of a disturbance on Green Street in Deseronto.
“It was reported that a suspect male attended a residence, kicked the door in and proceeded to utter threats to multiple parties inside. The male left the residence and got into his vehicle, reversing into another vehicle, and continued to drive erratically away from the scene,” the OPP said.
“Police located the male at his residence and placed him under arrest. The male resisted officers during the arrest. The male was transported back to the detachment for further testing.”
As a result of this investigation, L&A County OPP has charged Lawrence Gilmour, age 44, of Kingston, with:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol/drugs
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired with a blood alcohol concentration exceeding the legal limit
- Assaulting a peace officer
- Resisting a peace officer
- Mischief – destroying or damaging property
- Two counts of uttering threats to damage property
Gilmour was held for a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee on a later date. Their licence was suspended for 90 days, and the vehicle was impounded for seven days. Gilmour will be responsible for all related fees and fines.