In response to new guidelines for COVID-19 testing announced by the Provincial Government, Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) will immediately begin booking new testing appointments for those that meet the new provincial eligibility criteria.
According to a release from KHSC, those eligible for testing include:
- Symptomatic people who fall into the following categories:
- Patient-facing health care workers
- Staff, residents, essential care providers, and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including long-term care, retirement homes, group homes, shelters, hospices, and correctional institutions
- Outpatients for whom COVID-19 treatment is being considered
- Individuals who are underhoused or homeless
- High-risk contacts and asymptomatic/symptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in high-risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes as directed by the local public health unit
- People who are from First Nation, Inuit, and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work
A full list of individuals who can access PCR testing can be found here: https://kingstonhsc.ca/patients-families-and-visitors/covid-19-information/assessment-centre-and-testing
Meanwhile, symptomatic elementary and secondary students and staff who have received a PCR self-collection kit through their school may drop the test off at the Beechgrove Assessment Centre, KHSC stated.
Those with questions about their eligibility for testing can call 613-548-2376.
To book a COVID-19 test during daytime hours, visit https://ygkcovidtesting.coconutcalendar.com/service or call 613-548-2376. Assessment Centre staff will screen everyone upon arrival to ensure they are eligible for PCR testing, according to the release.
If you meet the eligibility criteria you can also book a testing appointment at the GVT (pop-up) evening clinic (4:30-8:30 p.m.) by visiting https://gvtlabs.testfast.ca/book?inventoryGroup=1237043216&inventory=1755269229&feeder=1262160586.