KFL&A Public Health is rescinding the Class Order for the City of Kingston as a provincewide “emergency brake” takes effect this weekend. The Order is rescinded as of Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. due to the provincial shutdown measures that will come into effect on Saturday, April 3, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. and stay in place for at least four weeks.
“Today, Dr. Kieran Moore, Medical Officer of Health at KFL&A Public Health has rescinded the Class Order pursuant to Section 22 of the Ontario Health Protection and Promotion Act, 1990 originally issued on March 13, 2021 for the City of Kingston,” said a release from KFL&A Public Health. “The provincewide shutdown puts in place time-limited public health and workplace safety measures to help to stop the rapid transmission of COVID-19 variants in communities, protect hospital capacity, and save lives.”
“We have come so far, and as we provide increasing immunity to our community through immunization, we must all continue to be vigilant and keep our community safe by adhering to these new public health measures. It is important to remember to stay home, stay local and support local, stay safe, save lives,” said Dr. Kieran Moore, Medical Officer of Health of KFL&A Public Health.
- Under the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, all Ontarians are asked to:
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Limit close contact to your household (the people you live with). If you live alone, you can consider having close contact with one other household.
- Limit trips outside your home to necessities such as:
- Getting food or medication,
- Going to medical appointments,
- Supporting vulnerable community members,
- Child care, and
- Enjoying exercise or walking pets.
- Stay home if you have symptoms, even if they are mild and to get tested early.
- Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with, and wear a mask or face covering in indoor public spaces or any time physical distancing is not possible.