The holidays are practically here! Residents in the Kingston area are celebrating with wonderfully decorated homes, yards, and gardens.
From holiday lights and evergreen boughs to inflatable Santas and snowmen galore, residents in and around the Kingston area are truly celebrating the season — with some Christmas Vacation inspired displays that you may need sunglasses to look at.
With memories of annual car rides to see decorations from whimsical to wild in mind, Kingstonist has compiled a list of where to go once everyone has bundled up and filled the car. Keep in mind, this list in is no way exhaustive and will be added to as readers submit their own suggestions over the coming days.
For those looking for festive displays to enjoy with a walk or drive through local neighbourhoods, here are some areas with must-see holiday displays:
- Chelsea Road
- Conacher Drive and Morenz Crescent
- Curtis Crescent
- Deerfield Drive
- Development Drive
- Gainsborough Place
- Hawthorne Avenue
- Highway 2 past Westbrook (but before Odessa)
- Katharine Crescent
- Kingscourt Avenue is reported well lit, with a special mention at 150.
- 19 Limeridge Drive
- Mayfair Crescent off of lower Hudson Drive
- Muirfield Crescent
- Pearl Road in Midland Park
- Union Street just east of Sir John A Macdonald Boulevard
- 843 Woodside Drive
- Downtown Kingston’s Window Wonderland (where you can vote for your favourite participating store window)
- Candy Cane Lane in downtown Gananoque – part of its Festival of Lights.
- Henry Crescent and Quinte Avenue – Amherstview
- Sherwood Ave – Amherstview
- Speers Avenue – Amherstview
We know there are many more decorated homes and yards in the area. Share those we’ve missed in the comments!