It’s hard to believe, but the holidays are finally here! Residents in the Kingston area are celebrating with wonderfully decorated homes, yards, and gardens.
From holiday lights and evergreen boughs to inflatable Santas and snowmen galore, residents in and around the Kingston area are truly celebrating the season — with some Christmas Vacation inspired displays that you may need sunglasses to look at.
With memories of annual car rides to see decorations from whimsical to wild in mind, Kingstonist has compiled a list of where to go once everyone has bundled up and filled the car. And, as part of our 25 Days of Local Giveaways, we’ve chosen one subscriber submission to receive $100 in Downtown Kingston Dollars for themselves as well as the owner(s) of the decorated home! See the photos below for the results!
For those looking for festive displays to enjoy with a walk or drive through local neighbourhoods, here are some areas with must-see holiday displays:
- Boxwood Street
- Corner of Chelsea Road and Belmont Avenue
- Corner of Conacher Drive and Morenz Crescent
- Davis Drive
- Deerfield Drive
- Development Drive
- Gananoque Festival of Lights
- Glenburnie (out Sydenham Road, right at the school)
- Hill Street neighbourhood
- Milford Drive
- Mona Drive
- Millhaven Road, Odessa
- Union Street just east of Sir John A Macdonald Boulevard
- Corner of Waterloo and Centennial Drives
- Wilson Street
- Conacher and Morenz
- Katharine Cres
- Downtown Kingston’s Window Wonderland (where you can vote for your favourite participating store window)
- Downtown Napanee’s Big Bright Light Show
- Highway 2 past Westbrook (but before Odessa)
Know of any homes or neighbourhoods that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments!