Kingston Police want to assure the public that there was no immediate threat to students or staff during a hold and secure issued at Regiopolis Notre Dame today.
The hold and secure was put in place just after noon on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018 as a strictly precautionary measure, due to an investigation occurring at a nearby residence, according to Const. Cameron Mack, media relations officer for Kingston Police.
Mack said there were “no threats in or to the school,” to prompt the hold and secure, and classes continued as normal while all of the doors to the school were locked for the time. The hold and secure was lifted shortly thereafter.
The incident was not related to the incidents that occurred last week where eight area schools were placed on lockdown due to threats being made towards those schools over the phone.
“[The hold and secure today had] nothing to do with events from last week,” Mack said.