W.J. Henderson Centre pool reopening in November
Loyalist Township has announced the reopening of the swimming pool at the W.J. Henderson Recreation Centre.
As of Monday, Nov. 2, 2020, limited programming, lane swims and Aquafit classes will be available, and additional programs are expected to be offered as the Township progresses through future reopening phases, Loyalist Township said in a release dated Monday, Oct. 19, 2020.
All residents and non-residents must pre-book online at www.loyalist.ca before attending any activity at the facility, according to the release. Loyalist Township residents can reserve their spot in a class starting 96 hours before the swim/class begins. Participants who are not Loyalist Township residents will be able to reserve their spot starting 48 hours prior to the swim/class time. Swim and class schedules can be found at www.loyalist.ca/swim.
According to the release, staff have been working to develop safety measures in response to government and public health protocols.
Safety measures include, but are not limited to, the measures below:
• COVID-19 screening before entering the facility. Participants are asked to stay home if they are sick
• Participants will be asked to confirm that contact information on their account is accurate
• Hand sanitization upon entry into the facility
• Face coverings/masks required in the facility when individuals are not participating in physical activity
• Contact tracing protocols
• Floor markings to support physical distancing
• Enhanced cleaning/disinfecting of the facility following public health requirements
• Controlled entry and exits into and out of the facility
• Changerooms capacity is limited to assist in physical distancing
• Bathrooms in change rooms are open for use by 1 person at a time
• Showers are closed, and participants are encouraged to shower before and after their activity at home
• Participants are asked to arrive changed and ready to participate in their activity
• After their activity, participants can change in the changerooms but are asked to do so quickly so that all participants can exit, staff can clean, and the next swim/class’s participants can enter the pool area
• On-deck equipment is unavailable for use except for aquabelts
• Slides and Tarzan Rope are closed
• Aquafit classes have a reduced capacity to help ensure physical distancing
• Lane Swims have a reduced capacity and will utilize double lanes to help ensure physical distancing
All memberships and passes will remain on hold until more programs and services can be offered, according to the release. Registrants must pre-pay online while booking their swim.
Loyalist Township plans to offer additional programs as the area safely progresses through future reopening phases.
For more information, please visit the Loyalist Township website at www.loyalist.ca/swim.