fbpx

COVID-19 case prompts closure of Kingston Centre McDonald’s

A McDonald’s restaurant staff member at the Kingston Centre location has tested positive for COVID-19, the company has confirmed. This is the second time that this restaurant location has been closed due to a COVID-19 case.

According to the company, on Wednesday, Mar. 3, 2021, an employee from the McDonald’s located at 705 Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard in Kingston tested positive for COVID-19.

The restaurant was temporarily closed for cleaning and sanitization.

All crew members who may have been in close contact with the employee have been asked to self-quarantine until further information is available. McDonald’s says the employee worked their last shift on Feb. 26, 2021.

Any guests who may have visited the restaurant on Feb. 26, 2021 should take directions from the experts at Ontario Public Health by visiting their website at https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/diseases-and-conditions/infectious-diseases/respiratory-diseases/novel-coronavirus

McDonald’s says they have increased safety measures to ensure every part of the McDonald’s experience is safe for guests and employees. These measures include:

  • High-touch surfaces and guest tables will be kept clean and sanitized
  • Floor markers to help guests keep their distance from one other
  • Front counters are fitted with protective screens
  • Clearly marked tables for dine-in to respect physical distancing
  • The number of guests permitted inside a restaurant at one time will be limited based on restaurant size. This also applies to outdoor seating spaces
  • Contactless payment options are available at the restaurant, and guests can also order using the McDonalds mobile app and pay on their phone

The Sir John A MacDonald location previously closed on Nov. 13, 2020 due to a COVID-19 case, one of two Kingston-area McDonald’s restaurants to have closed that week due to COVID-19 cases.

0 Shares

Leave a Reply