Members of the Tyendinaga Police Service and the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have executed a search warrant in Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, resulting in the seizure of weapons and drugs.
Officers with the Community Street Crime Unit of the Lennox and Addington County OPP along with those from the Tyendinaga Police Service executed the warrant on Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019 at a residence in Tyendinaga. According to a press release from the OPP, the joint investigation uncovered a quantity of illegal drugs, including suspected methamphetamine and cocaine, as well as a hand gun and a live hand grenade during the search.
As a result, police arrested and charged Karakwontonh ‘Kari’ Maracle, 18, of Tyendinaga with the following:
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Trafficking of a Schedule 1 substance
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Tampering with the serial number of a firearm
- Possession of explosives for an unlawful purpose
Maracle is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville in January of 2020.