Game Six of the NBA Finals to be televised at the Memorial Centre
Another rainy day in Kingston means another indoor viewing party for Game 6 of the NBA Finals – This time at the Kingston Memorial Centre.
The City has been showing the NBA Finals live on a big screen in Springer Market Square until this point, thanks to a partnership between the City, the Downtown Kingston BIA, Tourism Kingston, Cogeco, and YourTV. According to those with the City, the cost of showing the games has been minimal, and is being covered out of the already-existing operating budget.
Following the Raptors loss in Game 5, fans are sure to bring even more enthusiasm to this game, and, luckily, they can do so without getting soaked, as the forecast is calling for continued rain on Thursday, Jun. 13, 2019.
The doors at the Memorial Centre will open at 7:30 p.m. with the tip off at 9 p.m. Downtown Kingston will be collecting donations of non-perishable food items for the Partners in Mission Food Bank, so bring an item or two along to help support the community while you support the Raptors (click here for a list of the most needed items at the food bank).
The following are some tips from the City for those who want to take in Game 6 tonight.
Plan your evening:
- The venue floor will be available — bring your own lawn chair.
- Residents are reminded that the Memorial Centre is a smoke-free and alcohol-free space.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted.
- The broadcast will be closed captioned.
How to get to Memorial Centre:
- Plan your trip with Kingston Transit, which will be running on its regular weekday schedules. Youth 14 and under travel for free with Kingston Transit. See KingstonTransit.ca for route information.
- Driving to Memorial Centre? Plan to carpool, and check available surface parking lots at CityofKingston.ca/Parking. There is plenty of parking at the Memorial Centre, but with over 1,000 fans attending each of the broadcasts of the 2019 NBA Finals in Springer Market Square since Friday, May 31 2019, it’s better to plan ahead.