UPDATE (Monday, Jan. 16, 2023):
According to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (ROPE) Squad located and arrested Drew Stone in Belleville. Stone went unlawfully at large on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023.
“The Provincial R.O.P.E. Squad would like to thank the public and the media for their assistance in this investigation,” OPP said in a media release.
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have released the above photo and are requesting public assistance in locating federal offender Drew Stone.
Stone, who is 37 years old, is wanted by the Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (ROPE) Squad on a Canada-Wide Warrant as the result of his breaching his statutory release. He is currently serving a four-year, four-month, and 13-week sentence for:
- Theft under $5,000
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule 1 substance
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule 1/2 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Two counts of failure to comply with a probation order
- Possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Failure to comply with condition of undertaking/recognizance
- Operating a motor vehicle while disqualified
According to the OPP, Stone is known to frequent the Belleville, Oshawa, and Kingston areas.
Stone is described as a Caucasian male standing 6’3” (190.5 cm) and weighing 162 lbs (73 kg) with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Anyone who has contact with this offender or has information regarding his whereabouts is asked to contact the Provincial ROPE Squad at 416-808-5900 or toll free at 1-866-870-7673 (ROPE). Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers (anonymously or otherwise) at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Information regarding Stone’s whereabouts can also be shared by calling 911.