The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have charged two individuals from Tweed and are searching for a third person in relation to a reported break-and-enter.
In a significant operation on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023, the Central Hastings OPP Detachment, supported by the OPP Community Street Crime Unit, Emergency Response Team, Canine Unit, and Aviation Unit, executed a search warrant on a residence situated on East Hungerford Road in Tweed.
Police say the raid was in response to a break-and-enter reported in Tweed on Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023.
As a result of the search, officers apprehended two suspects, Devon Dunkley, 27, and Rachael Sweet, 27, both residents of Tweed.
Both suspects now face a slew of charges, including:
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking,
- Possession of a Schedule III substance,
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a weapon,
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon,
- Careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device, or ammunition,
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000 and
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000.
Charges have not been proven in court.
Both Dunkley and Sweet were held in custody pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Police say that a third suspect in the matter, Tanner Sweet, 29, is currently being sought. OPP are actively seeking information regarding his whereabouts.
Authorities encourage anyone with information related to the alleged break-and-enter incident, or Tanner Sweet’s location, to contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122. For those who prefer anonymity, Crime Stoppers can be reached at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Informants may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.