A Belleville driver is facing multiple charges after the Prince Edward County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a RIDE program on Highway 62 late last week.
Just after midnight on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023, OPP officers spoke with a driver who had come up to the RIDE stop on Highway 62 near County Road 3 in Rossmore. According to a release from the OPP, further investigation led to a search of the vehicle. As a result of the search, officers seized a quantity of suspected methamphetamine, suspected cocaine, drug paraphernalia, and a switchblade.
Jean Legault, age 53, from Belleville, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule one substance – methamphetamine
- Possession of a schedule one substance – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule one substance – other drugs
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes
Legault was reportedly released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton later this month.