Drugs, cash seized after OPP execute search warrant in Napanee
Two people are facing charges after a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act investigation by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU).
On Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021, the OPP CSCU, along with the Lennox and Addington (L&A) County Detachment, Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), and OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed a search warrant on a residence in Greater Napanee as well as on a vehicle in relation to the investigation, according to a release from the OPP.
According to the release, police seized approximately
- 65 grams of suspected Fentanyl;
- 23 grams of suspected Cocaine;
- 13 grams of suspected Crack Cocaine;
- 6 grams of Methamphetamine; and
- Nearly $4,600 in Canadian currency.
Police have charged Terry Ernest Merlin, age 49, of Greater Napanee and David Victor Murphy, age 37, of Deseronto with:
- Four counts of Possession of a Schedule One Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking, and
- Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime, under $5000.00.
Merlin was further charged with two counts of fail to comply with Probation Order.
Both accused were held for a bail hearing and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee by Video on November 19, 2021.