A Belleville driver is facing multiple charges after members of the Prince Edward County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop in Picton.
At approximately 3:45 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022, Prince Edward County OPP conducted the traffic stop on Pitt Street for a burnt-out headlight. According to a release from the OPP, further investigation determined that the driver was wanted on an outstanding warrant and that they were allegedly in violation of court ordered conditions.
As a result, the accused was arrested. The OPP said that a search led to the seizure of a small quantity of suspected methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia as well as two imitation handguns.
Adam Horn, 34 years old from Belleville, has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of imitation weapon for a dangerous purpose – two counts
- Possession of a schedule I substance – methamphetamine
- Failure to comply with a release order – three counts
- Driving while under suspension; and
- Driving without proper headlights
Horn was held in custody and was scheduled to appear for bail at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on September 24, 2022.