An alcohol-fuelled domestic dispute that turned violent in the Strathcona Park area of the city resulted in the arrest of a local man and woman, according to Kingston Police.
On Thursday, Jun. 20, 2019 at approximately 9:20 p.m., the accused man came home to the residence with alcoholic beverages. The accused woman, believing the man was already intoxicated, picked up the beverages and started to walk towards the bedroom of the home. The man then tried to grab the beverages out of her hand and a struggle ensued.
During the struggle, the female accused bit the male, and the male accused then wrapped his arm around her and attempted to throw her to the ground, causing them both to fall. Police responded and arrested both the male and female accused for their actions.
The 25-year-old Kingston man and 25-year-old Kingston female were both charged with assault.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families