Earlier this year, the City of Kingston offered the community a chance to provide suggestions and comments on the development of a new park in the city’s west end. The new park will serve several new residential subdivisions known as Cataraqui West.
Designs for the new Cataraqui West Community Park were developed from the feedback collected at the earlier information session, and include sports fields, sports courts, play equipment and a splash pad, according to a release from the city. A potential off-leash dog area is also being considered for the park which will be located north of Cataraqui Woods Drive, along Holden Street.
The public is invited to an interactive virtual meeting on Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022, and may drop in at the INVISTA Centre on Friday, Nov. 25, 2022, to see the revised park concepts, the City stated.
At the virtual meeting and drop-in session, attendees will be able to view the new designs and share their preferred layout, playground equipment and splash pad options.
“We’re thrilled with the input received in our earlier engagement and are excited to share the latest design concepts with the Kingston community,” said Neal Unsworth, Manager of Parks and Shoreline. “This new park will be a wonderful addition for the Woodhaven neighbourhood and our entire city.”
The City shared that residents can offer feedback on Cataraqui West Community Park in the following ways:
- Register to participate in the virtual engagement session to be held on Thursday, Nov. 24 at 6 p.m. Registrants will receive a confirmation email with a link to the webinar.
- Watch the virtual engagement session on the City of Kingston YouTube channel. The meeting will be closed captioned and live streamed.
- Drop-in at the INVISTA Centre on Nov. 25 between 3 and 5 p.m. to see the updated plans and share your feedback.
- From Nov. 24 until Dec. 15, visit Get Involved Kingston to view the project plans and complete a brief survey to share feedback. To complete the survey by phone or to request a paper copy, call 613-546-0000.
- Send your comments to the Project Manager by email at [email protected]