In preparation for Student Move-In Day this weekend, the City of Kingston is planning road closures and parking restrictions that will be in-effect from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31 for the following areas:
• Collingwood St. from King St. to Union St. will be one-way southbound.
• Albert St. from Queen’s Crescent to King St. will be one-way southbound.
• St. Lawrence Ave. from Stuart St. to King St. will be one-way southbound.
• Queen’s Crescent from Albert St to Collingwood St will be one-way westbound.
• Queen’s Crescent closed at Beverly St. and Collingwood St (Local Traffic Only).
• Stuart St. from University Ave. to Lower Albert St. will be one-way westbound.
• Arch St. closed at Union St.
• George St. closed at Stuart St.
• O’Kill St. closed at George St.
• University Ave. from Union St. to Stuart St. will be one-way southbound.
• Beverly St. closed at Union St and at King St
• Bader Lane will be closed for one-way traffic west-bound beginning at 6:00 p.m., Friday, August 30.
• King St. parking restrictions from Beverley St. to Barrie St.
The City is encouraging residents to plan their trip accordingly by visiting CityofKingston.ca/RoadClosures and by exploring active transportation alternatives like Kingston Transit. Lastly, if residents are experiencing any urgent parking issues, such as vehicles blocking driveways or interfering with traffic, they can call 613-546-0000 and say “parking emergency” for assistance.