City hosting online session to share design options for Waterside Way Park and Trails
The City of Kingston invites east-enders to join an online engagement session at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2021 to see the design options for Waterside Way Park and Trails.
At this hour-long online session, City staff will review feedback received during public engagement over the summer, introduce the conceptual trail plan and share the park concepts and playground options, according to a release from the City. Residents will have an opportunity to ask questions and offer feedback on the options presented.
Get Involved, Kingston!
- Register to attend the online engagement session. Those who wish to follow along but don’t expect to ask questions can watch the session on the City’s YouTube channel where the meeting will be closed captioned and live-streamed.
- See the signage on Waterside Way that displays the conceptual trail plan, the park concepts and playground equipment options.
- Complete the playground equipment survey and offer comments on Get Involved Kingston from Oct. 27 to Nov. 17.
- Request a paper copy of the survey by calling 613-546-0000. The City will provide a postage-paid envelope to return the survey to City Hall.
- Complete the survey over the phone with City staff by calling 613-546-0000.
The City provided the following details about the proposed parks and trails:
The new .72 hectare (1.78 acres) park will include a mid-sized playground, an open lawn/playfield and pedestrian pathways with seating.
The proposed trails run through an environmentally protected wooded area that buffers the subdivision from the river. They are to be natural, of modest scale and will connect to the new park. A lookout site that is to be naturalistic in design is proposed for the water’s edge as part of the trail plan.
For any enquiries about the proposed development or to provide accessibility feedback related to the development please contact [email protected] (in accordance with Ontario Regulation 191/11).