Many City of Kingston facilities and services are planning to reopen this week as Provincewide Shutdown restrictions lift. The City is encouraging residents to continue to connect with services remotely and to minimize face-to-face contact.
For questions about services not listed below, residents can call the Contact Centre at 613-546-0000 or submit a request through they City’s Contact Us portal.
Garbage and recycling
Beginning Feb.16, the Kingston Area Recycling Centre’s (KARC), 196 Lappan’s Lane returns to normal operating hours:
- The Recycling Depot and Yard-Waste Drop-off will then be open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Green Bins (replacement) and Blue/Grey Boxes will then be available in KARC’s administrative building Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Beginning Tuesday, Feb. 16, Kingston Transit will return to the service levels that were in place prior to the stay-at-home order:
- Express routes will operate with 30-minute service from approximately 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Express service will increase during morning/afternoon peak times (15-minute service) except for Route 801/802 (30-minute service).
Indoor recreation facilities and programs
Indoor recreation facilities will reopen, as follows:
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd. reopens Feb. 12: the Fitness Centre and ice surfaces will be available. Pre-registration for drop-in skating and Shinny programs will resume.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St. Reopens Feb. 12: Pre-registered aquatics programs, including lane swim, aquafit, family swim and public swims, will be offered. The Fitness Centre and pre-registered drop-in gym programs are available. Please Note: Artillery Park will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Family Day, Feb. 15.
- Rideau Heights Community Centre, 85 MacCauley St., reopens on Feb. 16 and the Library opens on Feb. 19.
- Cataraqui Community Centre, 1030 Sunnyside Rd.: Ice surfaces will be available to permitted users beginning Feb. 19.
- Fitness memberships: Monthly payments for fitness memberships resume. Clients with Fit Pass, Wellness Pass, Gym Pass or Pool Pass memberships do not need to contact the City. PLAY accounts will be automatically adjusted.
Outdoor recreation amenities
- Springer Market Square rink remains open with COVID-19 measures and limits in place.
- Many outdoor rinks are open with COVID-19 measures and limits in place. Stay safe: maintain physical distance from others and follow posted signage.
PumpHouse Museum – The PumpHouse Museum, 23 Ontario St., will reopen for private pre-booked small group tours and children’s programs on Wednesday, Feb. 17. Check the website for information on how to book and prepare for your visit.
Baby Grand – The Baby Grand at the Grand Theatre will reopen Tuesday, Feb. 16 for rentals based on COVID-19 restrictions.
City Hall and the Payment Centre
The Payment Centre in City Hall will reopen to the public on Tuesday, Feb. 16 and will operate Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Staff will be able to accept payments, however to minimize in-person contact and avoid line-ups, residents are encouraged to use one of the alternative payment options listed on the back of your bill. Please note the following changes to Payment Centre services:
- Pick-up of recycling bins is available.
- FOG (grease) cups are available.
- Marriage licences are available by appointment only.
- Hard-copy tax assessment rolls are unavailable.
- Room bookings are unavailable.
Staff remain available by phone and email. For tax inquiries, email [email protected] or call 613-546-0000. For all other service inquiries, call the Contact Centre at 613-546-0000 or submit a request through Contact Us.
Planning and Building Services
Beginning Tuesday, Feb.16, the City’s offices at 1211 John Counter Blvd. reopen to the public. Staff will be able to accept payments, but residents are encouraged to continue to:
- Apply and pay for Planning/Building fees online through the DASH portal and connect with Building Inspectors and Planners remotely. Visit DASH or contact our main line at 613-546-4291 ext. 3280 for Building Services or ext. 3180 for Planning Services.
- Drop cheques in the secure drop box in front of 1211 John Counter Blvd.
- Call or email to make credit card payments: 613-546-4291 ext. 3150 or [email protected]