A Prince Edward County man has been arrested and charged after members of the (Ontario Provincial Police) OPP executed a search warrant south of Picton yesterday.
Members of the Prince Edward County Detachment of the OPP Crime Unit, Canine Unit, and Tactics and Rescue Unit executed the search warrant at a residence on County Road 11 in Athol Ward at approximately 2 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020.
The execution of the warrant resulted in the seizure of:
- A SKS semi-automatic rifle
- A Savage semi-automatic rifle
- A double-barrel break-action shot gun
- An assortment of affiliated ammunition
As a result, the OPP have charged Sean Brough, 39, of Prince Edward County with:
- Three counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm (contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code)
- Three counts of careless storage of a firearm (contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code)
- Three counts of possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized (contrary to section 92(1) of the Criminal Code
Brough was released and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton in February 2020.
Anyone with information that can assist Prince Edward County OPP with this investigation is asked call 1-888-310-1122. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppersquinte.ca where they may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.