On Friday, Sept. 24, 2021, Art After Dark returns to downtown Kingston. Art galleries and art-loving businesses are once again opening their doors so art enthusiasts can start or add to their personal art collections.
Art After Dark will run from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. in various locations in the downtown core. During the free event, Kingstonians will be able to tour downtown galleries, enjoy great conversation and view compelling art, all while maintaining physical distancing based on KFL&A Public Health guidelines, according to a release from the Downtown Kingston! BIA. If visitors are not able to tour the galleries while maintaining physical distancing, businesses will encourage them to return at another time to enjoy the art.
Patrons of Art After Dark can enter to win $500 towards the purchase of original art from a participating gallery or business. Ballots will be available at all locations, so fill one out at each stop and up your chances of winning!
This year’s participating locations:
- Amanda’s House of Elegance: 70 Princess St
- Ars Libri Studio: 60 Brock St
- Art Noise: 290 Princess St
- BSE Skateboard Shop: 225 Princess St
- Cloth Clothing: 131 Princess St
- Cornerstone Canadian Art & Craft: 225 Ontario St
- General Brock’s Commissary: 55 Brock St
- Kingston Frameworks: 198 Princess St
- Martello Alley: 203B Wellington St
- Martello on Brock: 66 Brock St
- Minotaur: 78 Princess St
- Montreal Street Collective: 39 Montreal St
- Nan’s Art for All: 237 Princess St
- The Amber Room: 34 Princess St
- Total Diva Boutique Spa: 336 Princess St
Art After Dark is produced by the Downtown Kingston! BIA, an association comprised of, and funded by, 700+ downtown businesses and property owners. The association is dedicated to the maintenance and promotion of a vibrant and healthy downtown, according to the release.
For more information, visit: https://www.downtownkingston.ca/events/2021/fall-art-after-dark