“Careless use of smokers’ materials” blamed for house fire

Kingston Fire & Rescue are blaming “careless use of smokers’ materials” for a fire at a house on Evangeline Ave, in Kingston’s west end, late on Saturday morning.

Firefighters from 4 stations responded to the fire at approximately 11:24 a.m. on January 5th. On arrival, they were met with heavy smoke coming from the garage of the semi-detached home. Fortunately, the fire was contained to the garage and did not spread to adjacent homes. Frontenac Paramedics attended as a precaution, but there were no injuries.

Kingston Fire & Rescue wishes to remind residents that careless smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths. Homeowners should encourage smokers to smoke outside and ensure that working smoke alarms are installed on every level of their home.

0 Shares
We hope you've valued the Kingston news perspectives we've brought you...

And we'd love to bring you more.
Please consider helping to make this happen with a small regular contribution:

Leave a Reply