Happy Canada Day, Kingston! And happy long weekend! It’s our beautiful country’s 146th birthday and there are plenty of things to do in town today to celebrate. Aside from many events run in the downtown core, such as the Red and White Parade and live music at Confederation Basin, there will be a ton of activities taking place at Grass Creek Park as well, all ending with an epic display of fireworks over Confederation Basin.
Of course, after an already great long weekend, not everyone is looking for a day jam-packed full of things to do and see. Some of us like to celebrate in a lower key, like spending time at home with family and friends, hanging out on a local patio, and crossing things off of that ever-growing bucket list. I’m sure many have skipped town for their first camp-out or cottage visit of the season too. So, this week we want to know:
What is your favourite thing to do on Canada Day?
- Spending time on a patio (49%, 45 Votes)
- Participating in local celebrations like the red and white parade (23%, 21 Votes)
- Hosting or visiting friends and/or family (12%, 11 Votes)
- Hanging out at Confederation Basin listening to the live, local music (10%, 9 Votes)
- Getting out of the city for some camping (5%, 5 Votes)
- Something else entirely - I'll tell you below (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 92
Whatever you choose to do today, stay safe and have fun! Summer is here!