The City of Kingston has announced that Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, located at 382 Bagot Street, will reopen for recreational use on Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2020, under the province’s re-opening framework, and through guidance from KFL&A Public Health.
The reopening will happen in two stages:
- Fitness Centre and gymnasium – will be available for drop-in use starting Tuesday Nov. 17.
- Pools – will be available for drop-in use starting Monday, Nov. 23.
“We know how eager people are to get back into their routines and we look forward to once again providing this great venue for the community to stay active, especially coming into the colder weather months,” notes Jaclyn Grimmon, Manager, Recreation Programs. “We ask those coming to use the facility to arrive dressed ready for your activity, wear a mask, and be prepared to follow a number of other COVID-19 measures in place.”
Facility hours starting on Tuesday, Nov. 17, will be: Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The City says memberships will be re-instated at Artillery Park upon re-opening. The fitness centre, fitness classes and various drop-in gymnasium programs will also resume under reduced capacity, and with new pre-registered drop-in options, according to a release from the City dated Monday, Nov. 16, 2020.
Some of the COVID-19 health measures users can expect when Artillery Park reopens will include:
- Additional hand sanitizing stations and physical distancing signage throughout facility
- Providing information for contact tracing similar to what is in place in other City facilities
- Required to wear a face covering
- Arrive dressed for the activity
- Reduced capacity within the facility for all areas, including the gymnasium, pools and fitness centre
- Pre-registration required for drop-in activities including gym, fitness and pool
Details about recreation programming, registration for drop-in activities and facility schedules are being updated as they become available at www.cityofkingston.ca/PLAY.