Local man arrested after violent threats against wife
A local man was arrested and charged after repeatedly harassing his recently separated wife and uttering death threats.
According to Kingston Police, the accused male continuously harassed the female victim, his recently separated wife, via phone calls, texts, and messages between August 10 and August 14, 2020. The couple had separated after approximately fifteen years of marriage.
Despite the victim asking the accused male to stop harassing her, the unwanted communications and messages continued, said police. The victim became fearful for her safety, and that of her children, after death threats were uttered indicating the accused would kill her and her family, police report.
The accused turned himself in to police headquarters at approximately 8:05 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 14, 2020.
A 40-year-old local man was charged with harassment by repeated communication and uttering death threats.
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres