After announcing a confirmed COVID-19 case at The Spot Nightclub on Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021, Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health has announced several more cases have been confirmed as having attended the nightclub.
Dr. Piotr Oglaza, Medical Officer of Health for KFL&A Public Health, confirmed the further cases on Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021, and Public Health is asking people who attended The Spot on the following days take note:
- Friday, Oct. 29 from 10 p.m. to Saturday, Oct. 30 at 3 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 from 10 p.m. to Sunday, Oct. 31 at 3 a.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 31 from 10 p.m. to Monday, Nov. 1 at 3 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 4 from 10 p.m. to Friday, Nov. 5 at 3 a.m.
- Friday, Nov. 5 from 10 p.m. to Saturday, Nov. 6 at 3 a.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 6 from 10 p.m. to Sunday, Nov. 7 at 3 a.m.
“KFL&A Public Health recommends that individuals affected by this exposure get tested as soon as possible and self-monitor for symptoms for 10 days. Those affected should get tested again on or after 7 days from their last exposure date,” the local Health Unit said in a press release.
“As part of the COVID-19 case management and contact tracing process, KFL&A Public Health follows up with close contacts of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. If the contact tracing team are unable to identify close contacts of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, a public release may be issued to reach those contacts.”
The Spot, located at 155 Division Street in downtown Kingston, has come under scrutiny with regard to COVID-19 protocols after multiple reports of unmasked people dancing at the nightclub recently.
For information on COVID-19 assessments, testing, and results from KFL&A Public Health, click here.