On Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2023, the Ontario government announced more than $4.5 million in funding to assist police services across the province in providing specialized support to those who are experiencing mental health or addictions crises.
The Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) Enhancement Grant enables police to work with trained crisis workers when responding to those in need.
The Ministry of the Solicitor General, in collaboration with community partners, provides grants, primarily to police services, which support local and provincial community safety priorities.
Police services and community partners can apply for these grants when a call for applications is announced.
Eastern Ontario area police services awarded grants for the 2023-2024 term include:
- Cornwall Police Service – $120,000
- Gananoque Police Service – $98,770
- Grenville OPP – $128,436
- Hawkesbury OPP – $120,000
- Lanark County OPP – $120,000
- Leeds OPP – $118,458
- Lennox and Addington OPP – $110,654
- Quinte West OPP – $120,000
- Smiths Falls Police Service – $112,853
Read the full list of police departments, and the amounts awarded to them, here.