Police responding to a domestic disturbance call discovered a history of domestic violence between a young couple in Kingston.
On Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, the accused male and the victim were at an address on Cowdy Street and began arguing at approximately 10:30 a.m., according a press release from Kingston Police. During the argument, the male took the female victim’s phone and smashed it on the ground before leaving. Police were called and, during their investigation, previous unreported instances of domestic violence were discovered.
On Saturday, Sept. 29, the accused male pulled a knife on the victim during an argument and threatened to stab her. On Monday, Oct. 1, the male put his hands around the victim’s throat during an argument.
At approximately 12 p.m. on October 5, the accused was located in the backyard of his residence and arrested. The 16-year-old Kingston youth is charged with assault, uttering threats to cause death, possession of a weapon, mischief, and breach of probation.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
For women: http://kfacc.org/ For men: http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families
And we'd love to bring you more.
Please consider helping to make this happen with a small regular contribution: