Many of Kingston Gymnastics Club’s athletes scored high 9s at their competition this past weekend in Ottawa, the annual Tulip Classic, from Friday, Mar, 1 to Sunday, Mar. 3, 2019.
Top scores included:
- – Sofie Staszak with a 9.7 on Bars
- – Olivia Liew with a 9.6 on Beam and a 9.55 on Bars
- – Emilie Wartman with a 9.575 on Beam
- – Jillian Bates with a 9.525 on Bars
- – Anaylse Chabot with a 9.5 on Vault, Bars, and Beam
- – Ella Burns with a 9.5 on Vault
- – Gala Baranchuk with a 9.575 on Vault and 9.5 on Bars
- – Ava LeBlanc with a 9.525 on Vault
- – Michaela Libbey-Griffin with a 9.5 on Vault and Floor
- – Rhya Pereira with a 9.5 on Floor
- – Taylor Reed with a 9.5 on Floor
- – Rebekah D’Souza with a 9.675 on Floor
- – Gracie McDonell with a 9.55 on Vault.
A total of 60 medals were earned between the 30 athletes who competed, and 13 athletes finished top three in their category, including first place overall wins by Anaylse Chabot (Level 3, age 11), Taylor Reed (Level 4, age 9), and Rebekah D’Souza (Level 5, age 14/15).
Congratulations to all athletes and good luck at your next Competition in Orangeville on Thursday Apr. 25 to Sunday, Apr. 28, 2019!
All photos submitted.
And we'd love to bring you more.
Please consider helping to make this happen with a small regular contribution: