Guide to Remembrance Day Ceremonies in Kingston in 2015
This week’s #ygkChallenge encourages you to find a meaningful way to take part in Remembrance Day and Veteran’s Week. Many will answer the challenge by finding a local Remembrance Day ceremony to take part in. Accordingly, today we’re sharing a brief list of ceremonies to help you recognize those who have served and continue to serve Canada. With most ceremonies commencing around 10:45 and lasting between 30-40 minutes, taking in one of these important commemorative events is easy, rewarding and memorable:
- Barriefield Rock Garden Cenotaph, located on the corner of Highways 2 and 15.
- City of Kingston, Cross of Sacrifice, located at King and Barrie Streets by the Murney Tower
- Navy Memorial, located at the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes, 55 Ontario Street (starts around 11:40)
- Royal Military College of Canada, Memorial Arch, located at Highway 2 and Valour Drive
- Queen’s University (Main Campus), located at Grant Hall, 35 University Avenue
- Wolfe Island, Town Hall, located at 1191 Road 96
Remembrance Day is an important opportunity for us to honour those who have served in the military, as well as those who continue to serve in the Canadian Armed Forces. Wherever you decide to show your respect and reflect on the sacrifices made, the shared goal is to remember. Lest we Forget.
Photo credit to jenny.