The Grand Theatre Presents program has just announced its 7th season of programming and will present over 40 productions for the 2014-15 season. Some of the highlights from the upcoming Grand Theatre Presents season include:
- Royal Wood; The Vienna Boys Choir; An Intimate Evening with Jann Arden; top the performers list.
- The house will rock with Great Big Sea’s Alan Doyle; Ethan Russell shares how he got up close and personal with everyone from Mick Jagger to Janis Joplin; and Classic Albums Live will perform two shows – The Beatles’ Abbey Road and Pink Floyd’s The Wall.
- Country fans won’t be disappointed with George Canyon, High Valley, The Jim Cuddy Band, and Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder.
- The Grand celebrates “hot jazz” and “cool blues” with the Blues Hall of Fame Tour, Bettye LaVette, and The Official Blues Brothers™ Revue.
- Family entertainment shines with Sing-along-a-Sound of Music; Spot – The Dog; The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley; The Nutcracker; Stella – Queen of the Snow; and Ballet Jörgen’s beautiful presentation of Cinderella.
- Comedy, a Grand Theatre mainstay, is well represented with Bruce McCulloch, Whose Live Anyway, Shaun Majumder, Just For Laughs Live, and the Veterans of Saturday Night Live.
This season encourages patrons to create their own subscription packages by picking 4 or More of their favourite shows. Subscriber can pick four different shows and save up to 15% off the regular ticket price. Exchanges are easy and subscribers get the first pick of the best seats in the house. All Pick 4 or More subscribers who purchase a subscription by July 12 will have the chance to win a $500 shopping spree to downtown Kingston merchants.
Pick Four or More Subscriptions for the new season are now on sale through the Grand Theatre Box Office and regular tickets go on sale Monday, August 25.
Ticket Pricing Offers Options
Up to half-priced tickets for patrons ages 30 and under and $5 tickets for secondary students to many of our shows as part of our IMPACT and eyeGo To The Arts programs will continue to be made available for this year.
“Our IMPACT and eyeGo To The Arts programs were really successful last year, and many youth were happy to be able to afford to see a live performance at often less than the cost of a visit to the cinema,” says Acting Cultural Director Colin Wiginton. “We hope that this will inspire not only students, but also teens and young adults who are curious about the arts and looking for a reasonable ticket price to experience cultural arts at the Grand Theatre.”
Many of the 2014-15 season performances will feature three different prices in order to make tickets more accessible to a wider audience. |
“All of our performances feature national and international artists, but not all of them are a household name in Kingston,” says Performing Arts Manager, Jayson Duggan. “We hope to introduce our audience members to new artists as well as some fan favourites, and we hope our regular patrons will share their love of the performing arts with friends and family.” Again, this year, Canadian Tire Kingston Stores will sponsor family themed shows which include free pre-show activities before every Sunday matinee and half-priced tickets will continue to be available for children.
Heartfelt thanks to the Grand Theatre Foundation and its individual donors and corporate sponsors. The 2014-15 Grand Theatre Presents Season sponsors include Homestead Land Holdings, Empire Life, Walter Fenlon & Linda Ann Daly, CIBC Children’s Foundation, Sun Life Financial, Matheson Dental Clinic, Caldwell Wealth & Estate Advisory Ltd., Assante Wealth Management Dianne Lackonick, Elaine & Michael Davies, Southeastern Communication Services, Canadian Tire Kingston Stores, Shoalts and Zaback Architects Ltd., Stan & Marie-Rose Gibson, Mackillop Law, TD Canada Trust, Chez Piggy, and Bergeron Clifford LLP. Program Supporters are the City of Kingston Canada Council for the Arts, Canadian Heritage, and Ontario Arts Council.
Media contact: For more information contact Julie Fossitt, Marketing Manager 613-546-4291, ext. 1143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can we count on your support of as little as $2/month to keep us going?